Project Hope Art annual benefit dinner this Saturday at the Chez Poulet
From: chickenjohn (chickenjohnchickenjohn.com)
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 18:09:31 -0700 (PDT)

They go to Haiti and make art with kids. They do this all through small scale fundraising. Their overhead is crazy low. The payoffs are stellar.

Come to dinner Saturday night and support these awesome ladies and the work they do!!!!

Don’t miss the third installment of Project HOPE Art’s Annual Donor Dinner. Rendezvous with us on Sept. 14th at Chez Poulet in San Francisco for a five-course Haitian-inspired dinner with music and art.

Arrive at 4pm for a Voodoo sculpture exhibition and a meet-and-greet with our three visiting Haitian artists. Enjoy light appetizers and try your luck at our wine raffle bar. Get creative at our Make-Your-Own-Musical-Instrument station, and let Brass Band: Mission whirl you away with the rhythmic purring of New Orleans Jazz.Thank you to our sponsors listed below.

Dinner will be served promptly at 5:30pm. Between courses, be inspired by brief, informative speeches by members of Project HOPE Art and the artists of Atiz Rezistans. Learn about life in Haiti, the art of found-object assemblage, and more, while savoring a delicious fusion of Creole flavors.

During dessert, get ready to pounce on some fabulous treasures during our live auction, featuring one-of-a-kind Haitian art work, massages, coffee and more!

At 7:30pm we will rise together and follow the band outdoors for a short celebratory parade, marching together in honor of art, music, adventure and life!

Menu and Catering by Carla’s Delectables:

appetizers Plantain chips with watercress dip and Caribbean ceviche

Smoked jerk boulette uniquely Caribbean meatballs made with green bell pepper, tomato and cajun spices

vegetarian option corn croquettes: deep fried corn meal with fresh corn and spring onion

from Haiti Small bite of Haitian spaghetti infused with wonderful Moringa powder

from the garden Local fresh greens, mango and avocado tossed in a white wine and lime vinaigrette

from the farm A selection of garden variety cheeses from Monkeyflower Ranch, with sliced baguette

from the sea Tiger prawns in Cajun spiced cream sauce with hints of sweet paprika & garlic

vegetarian option Toasted baguette in Cajun spiced cream sauce with hints of sweet paprika & garlic

from the land Chicken prepared sous vide, then finished on the barbecue with a guava juice, ancho pepper, and garlic glaze

vegetarian option Cajun spiced fried tofu in a spicy guava sauce

Pois Noir Black bean puree spiced with braised spring onions, green bell pepper and scotch bonnet peppers served with sour cream

Long grain rice infused with vegetable stock, onions and white wine, mixed with peas

bannana peze Fried plantains

dessert Ice cream from The Penny Ice Creamery, with homemade waffle cones

Come share a special evening with us. You may buy your tickets here:

SATURDAY NIGHT, SEPT 14th   at the Chez Poulet,
3359 Cesar Chavez @ Mission