Show this Friday in Everett Washington
From: chickenjohn (chickenjohnchickenjohn.com)
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 00:01:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hi everyone. I'm doing a show this Friday night in Everett Washington at the Everett theatre.

Everett Washington is the ancestral home of one Margaret Rucker.

You may remember Margaret, I may have introduced her to you at a show that I have done many times. It's a slide show of a scrapbook I found in a dumpster in 1995 on Bernal Hill. Her whole life was in that scrapbook. Finding her triggered a transition for me, it allowed me to define beauty in a way I didn't have access to before. Finding that scrapbook kinda fucked me up. That people from good families with friends and husbands and kids and educations and all and at the end all your shit ends up in a dumpster and some idiot is picking through it.

I turned the scrapbook into a slide show, orated by Linda Robertson (she's British, so she sounds smart). I've done the show dozens of times. It makes some people cry, some people just sad. You kinda get to know her a little. Then the plot twist. It's all so lonely. So brutal. But so pomp. I can't even tell you how many people over the years wanted to know who she was or if we could find her family or whatever. We did try, a bit. But we didn't go back to where she was born. We didn't go back to Everett.

We should have. There is an exit for Rucker Drive off the fucking freeway. They couldn't make it any easier. We stumbled on the connection one night, when my pal Jason Webly was in SF and he was telling me how he climbed this crazy pyramid in a cemetery. The Rucker monument. Yup, that's where she was buried. The story unfolds and the pieces all come together. If any of you have ever seen me do the show, you know what I mean.

Jason instantly became obsessed and wrote songs for Margaret and wrote music to accompany her poems. He didn't stop there. He got a bunch of other musicians to also write songs for her. They are all performing live at the Historic Everett Theatre this Friday, in conjunction with me doing the slide show. In 3 acts. After the show we will all walk to Everett Cemetery and pay our respects.

This is going to be the best possible example of a show being real that I have ever had anything to do with. I am so blessed to be surrounded by co-conspirators and thinkers of this caliber I am swooning. And I didn't really have anything to do with this show. This is just happing organically. Life is an amazing adventure.

If you know anyone in the Seattle area, please implore them to come to this show. We have sold 450 of the 900 tickets available. More information is available here: