Flaming Lotus Girls event tonight at SOMArts
From: chickenjohn (chickenjohnchickenjohn.com)
Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 10:21:52 -0700 (PDT)
Although I know that all of you are going to Lost Vegas TOMORROW night, if you were looking for something to do TONIGHT, you could do way worse than this. And I think Pouneh is the only one in the world who calls me: Chickie John…

Dear Chickie John,

FLG are holding our big gallery and fundraiser for Soma on Friday at Somarts.  Could you please help us promote it by sending out an email? We really need more people to turn up!

Thank you... here is the email blurb...

FB Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1465728946977892/

Flaming Lotus Girls Host “Somatic” Art Gallery Benefit
May 2nd, 8pm-2am
SOMArts
934 Brannan Street in San Francisco

Local talent fuses a major exhibit of works with music and drinks to help fund The Flaming Lotus Girls and their upcoming public art installation, SOMA.

The Flaming Lotus Girls art collective is hosting an art show to help raise funds to support the installation of SOMA, a 30+’ stainless steel sculpture illuminated with interactive LEDs that first appeared at Burning Man in 2009, at Pier 14 this May. Named in tribute to both the gallery where the show is located as well as the sculpture itself, Somatic will be held Friday, May 2nd, from 8pm-2am at SOMArts, 934 Brannan Street in San Francisco.

The show will feature over 50 high-quality, original pieces, including framed photographic prints, metal transfers, and small-scale models from various artists including Tristan Savatier and Scott London. The art will be sold via silent auction, and the proceeds will go to help fund SOMA’s public installation on the waterfront of San Francisco. Music will be provided by Ambient Mafia, and drinks will be available all night. A $10 minimum donation is recommended upon entry of the event.