A word about the water level at Camp Tipsy this year…
From: chickenjohn (chickenjohnchickenjohn.com)
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 21:57:38 -0700 (PDT)

The water is much lower than it was.  Shockingly so. I will show you pictures. Its crazy. So crazy it might just work

There is some people who think the lake is shallow or something. Or muddy. Or like a puddle. Its not. The lake is like 40 feet deep. The water seems clearer. The lake is like a mile long by ¼ mile wide. You can totally waterski on it. For our event, its actually probably better for a bunch of reasons. In fact, I cant think of one reason the water being this low is actually bad, save for that the water is farther away from the trees which people like to camp under.

Its like being in an episode of Star Trek or something. The terrain is fantastic. The water has receded quite a bit,  so there is tons of flat parts great for camping. The water being low has created a kind of natural ampitheatre in some parts. Its pretty stunning to look at.

The campground is closed, we have THE ENTIRE PARK to ourselves.

There is something like a billion gallons of water there.

Camp Tipsy ticket sales have been very brisk. We have sold twice as many tickets so far this year than we did at this time last year. That number is now close to 400. We will have between 500 and 1,000 people this year.

This is the cove that we will have Tipsy in. It has a really shallow part great for kids and then another part you can dive into. You can see how low the water is, there is still tons of the stuff. The photo is like 4 times the area of the boat contest last year. And if you go past this little inlet, there is still a big huge lake out there. But it's all weird and crazy. I kinda love it. It's cool.

chicken