Boat Art!!!!!
From: chickenjohn (chickenjohnchickenjohn.com)
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 13:10:05 -0700 (PDT)
I'd like to introduce you to Connie:

Connie is a good one. She was a Floating Nuetrino, she was on the boats with us in Europe and the Hudson, she was behind the whole "boatel" thing. Now she is teamed up with Southern Exposure to do some more boat stuff. I highly recommend you go to this. You buy tickets in advance for next Thursday, Friday and Saturday. This is super limited, so if you wait all the tickets will be gone. Boats are small. This is what I was talking about when I said that when real estate gets too expensive we will be throwing shows on the water. Because you can't stop rock and roll.

Also Paul's ferris wheel boat (that you all helped pay for last year, thank you very much) is super cool. He got some inflatable pontoons left over from the Korean war or something. Pretty amazing stuff.

It's all good. Support this. Support Southern Exposure, they are kinda killin' it here. Who says SF is dead?

Off Shore takes to the creeks, boat clubs and shallow waterways of the Bay Area. Plenty to join in, watch and visit in the coming week!Email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
SoEx
June 11, 2013Donate to SoEx

Image courtesy of Constance Hockaday.

All These Darlings and Now Us
Constance Hockaday

Sunday, June 15, 2014, 6:00 PM – 12:00 AM
Off-Site Location:
Bay View Boat Club
This event is at capacity. Additional dates below.

Thursday, June 19, 6:00 PM – 12:00 AM
Off-Site Location:
 Top secret!
Tickets: $25, available at bpt.me/670605

Friday, June 20, 6:00 PM – 12:00 AM
Off-Site Location:
 Top secret!
Tickets: $25, available at bpt.me/670605

Saturday, June 21, 6:00 PM – 12:00 AM
Off-Site Location:
 Top secret!
Tickets: $25, available at bpt.me/670605

Constance Hockaday's floating installation and performance space pays homage to iconic, queer, now-shuttered businesses. The project features a live floating peepshow by dancers from the former Lusty Lady, performances by gay Latino bar Esta Noche's drag queen luminaries.

Tickets are available for half hour shows throughout each evening, June 19–21. Details and locations will be revealed upon ticket purchase. Tickets now available and going fast!

Image courtesy of Paul Cesewski.

The Voyage of the Hurlothrumbo
Paul Cesewski

Friday, June 13, 2014, 8:00 – 10:00 PM
Off-Site Location: Public Boat Launch at Mission Creek Park, 451 Berry Street, San Francisco (map)
FREE and open to the public.

Note: Parking is extremely limited. Public transportation is strongly suggested!

Join us for the second event of Off Shore, a one-night only event celebration of Mission Creek with artist Paul Cesewski. The evening features floating kinetic sculptures (including the first amphibious bicycle-powered Ferris wheel built for three), Prelinger Archive footage of vessels on the Bay and live musical accompaniment by the Underpass Brass Band and Miss Jessie Roadkill.

A screenshot from Marie Lorenz's livestream on Wednesday June 11.

Follow Drift Boat Live
Marie Lorenz

Through Saturday, June 14, 2014
12:00 – 2:00 PM PDT Daily
Location:
 Online

Every day through June 14, Marie Lorenz explores local San Francisco Bay Area waterways using her homemade boat and livestreams her journey from 12:00 to 2:00 PM PDT.

Materials collected during her day trips will be displayed at Southern Exposure, accumulating over the course of the 10 days. You can travel with her live (and view past journeys) by clicking here.

Nepal Tourism Board Tote Bag, contributed by Sandhya Parajuli, Consulate of Nepal, NYC.

Add to A People's Archive of Sinking and Melting

Organized by Amy Balkin
Through July 3, 2014

A People's Archive of Sinking and Melting is seeking contributions of objects from the San Francisco Bay Delta and across California to form a new collection!

"Sinking and melting" places exist around the world–they are places that are already or in the near future may become uninhabitable because of climate change. If where you live is threatened to disappear, please contribute an item to the archive.

Learn more about adding to the collection by visitingsinkingandmelting.tumblr.com or emailingregistrar [at] sinkingandmelting.org.

CURRENT & UPCOMING

Southern Exposure
3030 20th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110