Camp Tipsy is beautiful...
From: chickenjohn (chickenjohnchickenjohn.com)
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 00:21:39 -0700 (PDT)
I kinda forgot that part. It's really beautiful up here. Serene. Tranquil. I love to camp. Get out in the great outdoors and set up my drill press and punch 1/2" holes in steel to make a rudder for a paddleboat. There is nothing quite like the sound of a belt sander as a deer crosses the lake in the distance. We are moving piles and piles of bullshit into position so you can come up here and show those people at the Makers' Faire they are just a bunch of show offs. Do you know what the most buoyant material known to man is? Bullshit. It floats. I can prove it to you, step by step.

Today we are building the crew kitchen and the stage that will host the awesome musical acts we have:

Tuesday:   Crew night. Members of the crew entertain the crowd

Wedensday:   Kareokie Katastopie with Paul DeJong

Thursday: Goth Night!!! Goth make overs with Polly Superstar and friends of Kinky Salon and the awesome "bummer pop" ™ sounds of Eliza Rickman. She plays a toy piano and sings like a siren.

Friday: Flamenco ALL NIGHT LONG with Trio Paz!!!! (ok, maybe not all night…) This is the band we had last year. They are totally awesome.

Saturday: Jason Webly! Accordion guy, yes. But his new show is more tender. He opens for Balkan greats the Petroljvic Blasting Company!!!!

Also artist Jeremy Burmeister is bringing to Camp Tipsy this year, his very rare and fully restored 1930's Fully Automated Fortune Telling Booth.

Camp Titsy is building a "boat-in" movie theatre.
Peep is doing a real Hot Tub Boat.
There are dance drill teams.
A moon boat.
Of course Paul da Plummers' ferris wheel boat (now with giant pontoons!!!!)

On Thursday, Friday and Saturday there will be 2 baristas on site in the Ritual Spudnik trailer giving away FREE COFFEE from 8 to 11 in the mornings!!!!!  See how much we love you?!?!?!

and so much more. I can't even remember all of it…

The camp is different this year because the lake is lower. Tons of flat spots. It's not as cramped. It's a good spot. It's kinda rocky. Bring shoes of flip flops if you feet are tender (like mine!).

The pile is totally out of control. It's a mini landfill that we carry around with us. Please feel free to bring stuff to add to the pile. We are lacking in fabrics this year…

There is a really good spot for kids to go in the water. Shallow for a good long way. Bring the shade right in the water. Boom.

Boat contest is Saturday this year, not Sunday. 2:00 PM. Come early. Sunday is clean up day. Take time off work, come up early in the week and hang out with us. You won't be sorry.

The Sacramento Bee has listed Tipsy this year. They said it starts not he 14th. So we don't have to worry about any of those people ruining our party.

The Bold Italic did an article on us. They did pretty good, got about 74% of everything I said wrong. Not too bad….

Camp Tipsy is shaping up to be everything it could be for this year. I'm totally blissful about it…      chicken john