In The RED… Flaming Lotus Girls doing a party at Somarts Fri Dec 12th…
From: chickenjohn (chickenjohnchickenjohn.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 17:21:14 -0800 (PST)
In the Red - FLG Gallery Show & Art Party
Friday, December 12th
SOMArts
934 Brannan Street, SF
6:00pm – 2:00am

We’re teaming up with Opulent Temple & Ambient Mafia to bring you IN THE RED, a gallery party and silent Auction at SOMArts in San Francisco.

IN THE RED features a gallery show of over 70 limited edition archival prints on metal, standard framed prints, and stocking stuffer schwag-galore… and, special for this year, 2 custom, FLG built sculptures for auction.

Our rockstar DJs include:
OPULENT TEMPLE: Syd Gris, Vinkalmann, Billy Seal, Dulce Vita, MetaTek - JB Vries
AMBIENT MAFIA: Speakeasy Ray, Redstickman, Shane

Flaming Lotus Girls have had an incredible year. Our dream of having our art on public display came true with Soma on Pier 14, and we continued to show fire art at events throughout California and Nevada. We’ve attracted new volunteers, taught ourselves some new tricks, and generally stayed on track to world domination through creating a collaborative art community.

World domination, however, requires some funding, and we’re currently a little broke. We have goals and dreams for 2015, and need your support to get us there.

FLG ART PARTY: IN THE RED
Friday, December 12th
SOMArts, 934 Brannan Street, SF
6:00pm – 2:00am
Tickets:  http://www.eventbrite.com/e/in-the-red-tickets-14231792675

See you at the party!
With love and lipstick kisses,
Flaming Lotus Girls

If you cannot attend you can still show your support and donate on flaminglotus.com. Help us build art for you in 2015!

About Flaming Lotus Girls

Flaming Lotus Girls is a volunteer-based group of artists who make large-scale kinetic fire art. We began in 2000, as a group of six women and two men who wanted to learn the skills and knowledge to create large sculptural installations. Since that time, we have grown to over 100 members. Over half are women, but we welcome all genders.Our work stands at the intersection of sculpture, kinetics, robotics, pyrotechnics, and electronic technology. We create interactive large-scale fire sculptures that are both visually stunning and engaging, inviting people to become part of the art. Our sculptures are made of steel, stainless steel, copper, aluminum, glass and wood – and their sizes range from pretty small to really, really large.  We make fire that blazes from 2 inches to 150 feet.

About SOMArts:
In The Red is supported by the SOMArts Cultural Center’s Affordable Space Program, which provides subsidized, large-scale affordable space and technical assistance to nonprofits. SOMArts receives support from the San Francisco Arts Commission’s Community Arts and Education Program with funding from Grants for the Arts/The Hotel Tax Fund.
The mission of SOMArts is to promote and nurture art on the community level and foster an appreciation of and respect for all cultures. To find out about SOMArts classes, events, and exhibitions, please visit www.somarts.org.